To advertise on this Site call +234 8034 511460

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Margaret Thatcher's Best Quotes


Margaret Thatcher's bluntness, strong character, sharpness and sternness were reflected in the words that helped earn her the nickname the Iron Lady. Britain's radical former prime minister, died after suffering a stroke at age 87. 

Here is a selection of her best quotes:
1.  "Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell people you are, you aren't."
2.  "I always cheer up immensely if an attack is particularly wounding because I think, well, if they attack one personally, it means they have not a single political argument left."
3.  "I am extraordinarily patient, provided I get my own way in the end."
4.  "If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman."
5.  "Any woman who understands the problems of running a home will be nearer to understanding the problems of running a country."
6.  "A world without nuclear weapons would be less stable and more dangerous for all of us."
7.  "To wear your heart on your sleeve isn't a very good plan; you should wear it inside, where it functions best."
8.  "I seem to smell the stench of appeasement in the air."
9.  "I don't mind how much my ministers talk, as long as they do what I say."
10. "Pennies don't fall from heaven; they have to be earned here on Earth."



No comments:

Post a Comment